General Information for Faculty
If you have undergraduate researchers from the College of Letters & Science join your project, you are eligible to apply for up to five (5) $350 grants per quarter (Fall, Winter and Spring).
Applications for grant funding are due no later than 11:59pm on October 13, 2023 for Fall, January 26, 2024 for Winter and April 19, 2024 for Spring.
In order to receive funding, you must:
- Post your research project to the FRAP Directory
- Have undergraduate researchers enroll in your department’s 99/99RA or 199/199RA course with you as the instructor on record. The student must be from the College of Letters & Science to be considered for funding.
- Be a member of the Academic Senate or have received a written exemption prior to application.
- Not apply for funding with the same student for more than three (3) quarters
- Submit one application per research assistant by the quarterly deadline
The funds awarded are to be used for project-related expenses, excluding salary, furniture, or computer or other hardware.
Undergraduate research assistants may not be paid wages from this award. The funding must be used up by the end of the fiscal year (June 30) in which they are awarded, and any unused funds must be returned to the College of Letters & Science before the start of the next Academic Year.
The Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities will contact all students listed in grant applications with a survey toward the end of the quarter.
Although you may apply for up to five (5) grants per quarter, funding is not guaranteed for all applications.
Faculty are encouraged to complete a Research Learning Contract with their students, an agreement designed to guide a conversation about responsibilities and expectations.